So back on topic, I shot today at a public, state-owned park. It's self policed, and normally pretty decently behaved.

Today, some genius brings his two kids. Both shooting .22's. No ear protection, or eyes, on any of the three. Mind you, there's black powder rifles, a couple AR's, and some older guns (looked like Mausers and Mosin's) being fired on the line.

Later, their 10/22 jams. First older son tries to rack the bolt and release the round. Then younger son tries, after pulling it off the line and flailing it about everywhere. BOTH had fingers on the triggers the whole time. Then Mr. Bright Guy takes a knife out and tries using it to pry the round out. Once it's out he proceeds to shoot 8 rounds through it. Yep, the whole time it still was a hot weapon.

The ONLY reason I didn't say anything is because he was in lane 3, I was in lane 2, lane 1 was open, and the kid was flailing that direction. I was well behind his line of idiocy. (edit: aka, line of fire)

Those private ranges look better all the time. I was waiting for the kid to shoot his dad, a la Blackhawk Down.

Edited by MDinana (10/15/12 05:02 PM)