I did consider the phillips screwdriver instead of the corkscrew.<br><br>Here's why I didn't get it.<br><br>First, I always carry a rambler which I believe is the same as a Swiss Army classic except it adds a very small combination phillips screwdriver and a bottle opener. So I sort of have a phillips, although it's smaller than the standard Phillips.<br>http://www.gunthergifts.com/swisarram.html<br><br>(By the way I also have a Leatherman Micra...I prefer the rambler, it's smaller, lighter, and all the tools open easily...you don't have to unfold the whole thing to get at something. I'm sure the Micra is a little more robust, but it's much less convenient for me.)<br><br>Second, you can add a small regular screwdriver to the corkscrew. It's really neat if you've never seen it before. It's not included in this model, but it will fit in it. A picture of it can be found at http://www.gunthergifts.com/altimeter.html next to the corkscrew. You can usually buy it at any store that sells SAKs for $1.50 or so.<br><br>Third, I really don't have many times that I need a screwdriver, let alone a Phillips, where I don't have a real one...<br><br>But finally I wanted the corkscrew. People have commented that corkscrews are unnecessary because wine ways so much that you might as well carry a seperate corkscrew. I lived in Chile for a short while, and found that I would take my date on improvised unplanned picnics at the river mapocho. We'd stop by the supermarket, pick up some rolls, cheese, cucumber and tomato. And we'd pick up a bottle of wine. We'd go to the river and eat and drink (I think we actually drank right out of the bottle...it's been a few years).<br><br>So, the reason to have a corkscrew on your SAK or leatherman is really for one reason only. So you can have spontaneous romantic picnics...this usually doesn't happen in the U.S...it's more a South American or European thing! But it's useful to already have the knife for when you go over there.<br><br>By the way Castaway, I saw in your bio that you got into all of this after going on a day hike that left you in the woods at nightfall with no equipment. Exact same thing happened to me. I've been hanging out on equipped.org (and candlepowerforums.com) ever since...<br><br>Peanut...I found my old one to be great to carry, but it's been a few years. The workchamp must be two to three times as thick (or more) though...keep that in mind! Maybe you should try something a bit thinner. But I loved mine. I'll give a report on my new one once I've had some time to play with it.<br><br>