Quote:
The researches performed a more detailed and statistically-valid study of the effects of three gmo corns than Monsanto's original study.

Indeed, they did! Yet we have in the conclusion;

Quote:
However, in the three GM maize varieties that formed the basis of this investigation, new side effects linked to the consumption of these cereals were revealed, which were sex- and often dose-dependent. Effects were mostly concentrated in kidney and liver function, the two major diet detoxification organs, but in detail differed with each GM type. In addition, some effects on heart, adrenal, spleen and blood cells were also frequently noted. As there normally exists sex differences in liver and kidney metabolism, the highly statistically significant disturbances in the function of these organs, seen between male and female rats, cannot be dismissed as biologically insignificant as has been proposed by others

Shocking isn't it, an effective abandonment of safety critical testing for a product that would eventually be consumed by hundreds of millions of people throughout the world and not just for 90 days either.

Sections 2.2. 'Data collection' and 2.3. 'Statistical power related to the experimental' design are probably some of the strongest scientific criticisms I have seen in a published paper. About as strong a criticism without actually stating 'Scientific Fraud' on the part of Monsanto. This is an appalling state of affairs.

So lets assume, even if 90 days consumption of the Monsanto product only gives rise to 0.01% (this would be statistical insignificant i.e. completely unmeasurable in relation to the size of the test group in this paper) for human related liver and kidney disease leading to premature death for a 320 million test group. i.e. 32,000 human premature deaths.

Russia is indeed correct to ban the import of these Monsanto products even if based on the precautionary principle on products that have NOT been adequately tested for safety during the original safety testing by Monsanto, which itself is an appalling conflict of interest let alone a scientific one.

The mass human experiment continues.

Edited by Am_Fear_Liath_Mor (10/02/12 03:52 AM)