I just finished reading the scientific paper which seems to have started this latest hubbaloo.
http://www.biolsci.org/v05p0706.htm

The researches performed a more detailed and statistically-valid study of the effects of three gmo corns than Monsanto's original study. Their conclusions were:
1. There might be a hint of an effect, but most of the effects were very random* in nature (no pun intended) and could not be assigned to a particular cause.
2. The few effects (renal issues) that were relatively consistent were consistent with very low levels of RoundUp pesticide poisoning. The researchers thought this was as or more likely than the some unknown effect from the gmo corn.
3. More $tudies should be done.

*one rat would have an enlarged adrenal gland, another would have a slightly swollen liver, etc... basically, only a few rats developed some issue, and each rat had a different issue from the others.

After reading the study I really couldn't find anything that would cause a scientist to freak out, which leads me to believe Russia's recent banning of gmo corn from the USA is politically-based rather than science-based.

-Blast
Radio Call Sign: KI5BOG
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.