How about a home-made solution, in the spirit of field expedient problem-solving-
The army sere school instructors website once had a lot of words about improvising sheaths, using available materials like conveyor belting and duct tape, which words I can no longer find.
I have become disenchanted with leather sheaths after a randall #1 was corroded by acids in the material. Kydex seems clunky, nylon wears quickly. So I decided to try wood, with blade retention by imbedded magnets. Woodcraft seems more forgiving than leather craft-I use a chisel to gouge out a pocket for the knife in a piece of oak or cedar, epoxy a neodymium magnet in a shallow indentation near the throat of the scabbard, cut a channel from the blade pocket to the toe for drainage, and glue another piece of wood to the first, shaping the exterior on a belt sander and with a draw knife. In extremis, I can shave tinder off my scabbard, not possible with kydex.