Originally Posted By: thseng
HFCS is chemically identical to plain old table sugar (sucrose). Explain to me how it is different.

http://junkfoodscience.blogspot.com/2007/05/science-of-sweets.html
Some folks think pink slime is wholesome,I sure dont.But for those who do,more power to ya,I dont want it.

For starters,and perhaps most important,its in just about EVERYTHING processed. Obesity and HFCS seem to be almost related in usage/wt gain for the populace.

2nd,it isnt the same to me.One is cane one is corn,one is sugar,one is corn.Not the same to me,YMMV,I respect that.Mine is its 2 different critters,corn and cane.

HFCS usage increases....diabetes increases.I see a link,others wont but I see a direct linear line on both.I believe MY lying eyes before any other 'study',etc.

But its cheaper than sugar,hence stuff it everything,along with the corn subsidies (did I say that?)...oops,here comes the politics again. Im afraid it always comes back to dollars and politicians.

But for those who think processed foodstuffs and additives are good,and for those who think its bad,not a single opinion is going to be changed here.

But I can avoid HFCS to an extent thru labeling......

But I have a question,how can we realistically avoid GMO's? Anybody have an insight on that,I would really appreciate your thoughts on how.