A few weeks ago I was driving home from work at night. I was waiting at a red light behind a mini-van when I heard squealing tires behind me. I look in my rearview mirror to see headlights coming at me fast. Next thing I know I'm being flung around. Good thing I was wearing my seatbelt. Anyway the next thing I remember is people banging on my window trying to wake me up. I don't know how long I was out. They couldn't open my doors because I had them locked. It took everything I had to move my arm up to the auto door lock switch. I couldn't hold my head up. Things get a little foggy afterward, but I do remember this one lady grabbing my head and slapping me around. She was saying "Why did you run into me, you drunk!" She continued to do this even at the protest of the other bystanders. I found out later that she was the driver of one of the vehilces that my car was thrown into. I also learned that she is a Registered Nurse. Of all the people on the scene, she would be the one that should know not to move an accident victim's head let alone slap them around.

Well, it turns out that I was hit by a white pick up truck that night. S/he fled the scene. When the truck hit me, my car was thrown forward and to the left. I struck that mini-van I was waiting behind and I hit a mustang that was in the lane to the left. That nurse was the driver of the mustang. Everyone involved in the accident gave that exact same statement, everyone except the driver of the white truck, s/he remains at large. Even after giving that statement the passengers of the nurse's mustang got a lawyer and are trying to sue me. Their letters to me stated I was "negligent" for their injuries. Can you believe that!

I've decided to sue the nurse that ignored warnings to not move my head. I've gotten a lawyer to handle the hit and run part of this situation, but they said they don't handle the part with the nurse. Does anyone have any advise on this? At the very least this woman needs to lose her nurse license.

Is there a lawyer in the house?
Thanks
Wayneburg

Edited by Wayneburg (02/25/04 08:03 PM)