Originally Posted By: greenghost
I think its mostly the pack and frame. I have a change of clothes (no extra shoes), compass, small crank radio, small tactical flashlight, plastic spade, military canteen with steel cup and mil flex 2 qt canteen, fire starting kit, mre and some rations, firstaid kit shemag, spare glasses/meds, toiletries, camp knife (paracord handle 10"), 100' paracord, water purification kit, harmonica, bath towel size cloth for blanket and towal use, poncho, tube tent, head flashlight, few extra batteries, 3 bandanas, gloves, and some other misc items such as small sportswatch & glow sticks etc.

To be honest, I'm that guy thats bought gear, read about it but havent had much inclination to use it, except for metal match practice.

Looks like Ive got some backyard camping to do

Practice, practice, practice! You'll get proficient at using your stuff and find out their shortcomings. The you can either modify how you use it or replace it. The only way to really know is to get it dirty. :-)

Don't just stick to the backyard though. Take that pack, or whatever you choose as a replacement, on some good strenuous hikes. You'll get in better shape, figure out how to pack everything better and quickly figure out whether you need/want to ditch weight. You'll be amazed at the difference things like spade/no spade, or your militray canteen & cup vs nalgene & oilcamp cup vs Gatorade bottle & small cup make.

You can find me on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT9fpZEy5XSWkYy7sgz-mSA