A driver and a driver's overall experience has much to do with how effective a particular vehicle will perform. I have seen all sorts of vehicles on their roof or side, or off the side of the road in conditions that I just motored through, with more caution. [/quote]
=============================
Isnt that the truth!

We live in a Mtn resort type area so we get a lot of flatlanders up here in big trucks with low profile street tires,Escalades with fancy tires totally unfit for snow,Escapes with street tires (STAY HOME!!!),and yes Jeeps with street tires (Makes NO sense to me,but they are out there) and they think their vehicle will blast thru snow like a car commercial.

In my experience where we live the most defining vehicle failure on 4x4/awd is inadequate tires,and yes,lack of driver experience.

Dagny,love your rig,very nice!!

LOL,my baja bug was great in snow with chains but the wipers left lots to be desired.So Im in big time snow storm and pull to side of road to wipe window and parked it,right into a snow covered ditch!! Fellow came by in a truck and pulled me out,yup,felt sorta dumb on that one.