Originally Posted By: quick_joey_small
Has the humvee replaced the jeep as the outdoorsmans vehicle in the US? Like it has in the military.
They are non existent in the UK whereas the jeep is selling well. God knows why; since it's bottom of the reliability tables, costs a fortune, costs a fortune to run....
qjs

I am hoping that the 2012 Wrangler with a new engine design and a new transmission will not have the problems that some previous years have had. So far I have no complaints with my new Jeep. In the USA it is inexpensive to repair a Jeep and parts are everywhere with the Jeeps being so popular. On that note, I also owned a 2004 Land Rover Disco and while I liked it, it also had constant little leaks and service issues that ate me alive once the warranty had expired. I had my Trailblazer at the same time and had no problems and the Trailblazer cost #10,000 less when new. The Disco was better off road but as a daily driver it was expensive, Insurance was also very high for the Disco.

I think it is a general rule that foreign cars always are more expensive to own and operate. In the UK a Jeep is a foreign product and it probably is costly to own, just like my Rover was for me.