Originally Posted By: greenghost
I did forget the forester and outback. Subaru is plentyful in my area and for a good reason. Im on a budget of aprox 8-9k

Not really looking to blaze trails through the woods but for something that can handle perhaps a neglected dirt road, snow or crossing a field.

Then it sounds like the Subaru would be a vehicle you would be very happy with. Bud was looking at Subies and the only thing that turned him off was price,they hold value real well.

2 neighbors have them,both buy new.One is the legacy,other is WRX.The L is a fine foul weather vehicle,the WRX is a kids car with basically slicks for tires,thing is an embarrassment in snow/ice,wont move at all.But his choice is a race car.

So I would add....tires are going to make the vehicle,a good snow/ice tire and you will be good to go for what you want.So put away about 800-1000 bucks for good tires.

I like the All-Terrain T/AŽ KO Tires,what I have on all my vehicles,long lasting,relatively comfy and quiet and SUPER on ice.Also great in mud and OK in sand.

Reckon there are others good too (just I havent experience with them),but tires will really make your vehicle the escape pod you want.
====================================

All Season TireAll Season Tire

The tire that invented the all-terrain category, setting the standard for on- and off-road performance.

Benefits of BFGoodrich

Maximum all-terrain traction.
A bold look that transforms the appearance of any vehicle.
Incredible sidewall strength.