I can give you an example of a personal crisis that I went thru. It didn't have anything to do with fire or earthquake.

Although I dont remember all the details now, but I remember enough bits & pieces that can make your head spin , and would really appreciate a bag containing several essentials. And yes, I did wish I had a bottle of vitamin supplement during those stressful times.

My mother was hospitalized and had to take a day or two off my work to visit her. Nope, something happened at work and the other guy had to go somewhere and I had to stay put.

Alright, I can depend on my trusty car to take me there and back ( 2 hours one way). What happened is a flat tire (before travelling ) and tire guys do NOT have replacement because they were w/tubes. I had to go look for someone who would replace the wheels to new ones ($$$) to accomodate tubeless.

After spending the $$$, another problem evolved and I decided to leave the family car and use the smaller faster sedan. It was almost always taken away by my son. Alright, I start driving and guess what ??? He took it earlier to some cleaning/polishing shop that took the seats apart and washed it all over. Water got thru many places. The clock was running like a stopwatch , and while driving the seatbelt came off !!! I hd to stop to fix it, and didn't have the right size wrench.

It was problem after problem after problem.
I was starting to pull my hair.

I would really really like to have a bag that contains tools and gadgets that takes care of sharp turns of life, and that can multiply your efficiency to deal with Murphy's wickedness.