Many good points in the video. Much of that stuff (clothes, shoes plus much more, such as toiletries) is in my SUV full-time.

My purse is kept in the front hall closet inside a black zip duffle that contains, among other things (flashlight/headlamp, etc.), a Garmin navigator. Between my phone and the navigator I have all phone numbers and most addresses in this region that could be useful to me in a crisis. I prefer those storage devices to lugging the paper address book the video shows.

Cash. Absolutely. I have some hidden inside an interior panel of my SUV and elsewhere at home.

My laptop is always handy and the briefcase to carry it is also in the front hall closet.

Odds are that in the event of a "crisis" I am going to be at home or, at the least, in some proximity to my vehicle. With that in mind, I've increasingly looked to the car as a storage place for essential items for survival and comfort if some situation should arise. The "crisis" could entail being stranded with the car, needing to flee home quickly or being away from home when something renders home uninhabitable or unreachable (I live in Washington, D.C.).

Mindful of the risk of the car being broken into, the stuff I keep in there are not my favorites. Instead, it is where I stash an older jacket, older hiking boots, less expensive knives, etc. Perfectly good stuff, but not the items I'd miss as much if stolen.