The most common personal crisis in an urban environmnet is house or apartment fire. His contents are pretty good, I might add a cell phone charger because while people often grab their cell phone while exiting they never carry a spare cell phone charger. It can be good to have a spare sitting in your car glove compartment even if you don't charge from the car.

The person in the video however has a bigger priority when getting out, sitting there squirming on his lap - his daughter. All the crap in the bag is nice to have but secondary. Grab your daughter and get OUT. Don't waste time grabbing or hefting your crisis bag. If you all get OUT everything is gravy and survivable, if you don't then its a real personal crisis.

I keep a bag near my nearest bedroom exit with cold and wet clothing in it for me and my wife and son, including old shoes - that's a good idea. Most of the rest of the crisis gear is already redundant somewhere else besides my house. I may throw it out the door if I have time, but first priority is getting everyone OUT and calling 911.