Esbit stoves are not available in our markets, neither their esbit fuel. Most campers here use gas stoves and gas burners in their car camping trips. I do that too but tsill need the esbit for backup and the GHB.

"By accident" esbit fuel cubes have been found in some store ( imported by mistake as BBQ fire starters). So, I may not be able to buy them again for another few years. This is when I thought of using some "secondary fuel" to stretch my stock.

First I thought of charcoal which is cheap and available
Then I thought of charcoal tablets like these
http://www.somaluna.com/prod/easy_lite_hookah_charcoal_tablets.asp

The first is cheap and available in bags of several pounds/kilos, but needs to be broken into small pieces for the esbit stove. The charcoal tablets are already ade in rectangular tablets of about 1 x 1.5 inches tabs and their size and price are similar to esbit fuel tabs.

So, the idea is that every time I need to cook something on the esbit , I would use one esbit cube plus one charoal tablet . This will extend the cooking time from 10 min to about 20-25 min and also stretch my stock of esbit fuel for some time.

Do you guys have any better ideas ???
I thought of using the BBQ firestarters (with the esbit cubes) but they give lots of smoke. Same for other homemade fire starter like cotton/pj or wax in carton egg tray as seen on You Tube.