I have been on the lookout myself for a good "multi-tool". I want a pair of pliers where you can access the tools without opening it. Unfortunately the only type I know of (with quality) is the Victorinox Swiss-tool. Although almost ideal its to big and to heavy im my taste.<br>As foor tools:<br>I want a lockable "spare blade" to back up my sheet-knife. Pliers, awl, file and screwdrivers are good for backcountry repairs and jury-rigging in the field. As I carry a small nail-scissor and a large paramed-scissor in the First aid kit I think its unnessesary to have an extra pair on the pliers (or I leave the small scissors at home). A styrdy can-opener is always usefull and close at hand.<br>Saws are usually to small for good work but a hacksaw side of the file would be ok!<br>I have been looking around and I think that the Leatherman Pulse will be my choice next time I buy a multitool. I will probably regrind one of the screwdrivers (midddle one) into an awl. Although I will have to open it up every time, it locks the tools.<br><br>>Stefan, Sweden