Izzy,you will like this,and no pectin required,made these Oct 2010,were excellent and a great way to use up your green tomatoes,nice and sweet too.
=============================
This is a tomato marmalade,or jam if you like.

Makes 5 to 6 pints approximately.You may either can them,freeze it,or leave in refrigerator 2-3 weeks

Ingredients

* 2 oranges
* 2 lemon
* 7 pounds tomatoes, skinned and cut in small pieces
* 1 cup sugar per pound of tomatoes
* 1 TBSP ginger, grated
*1 tsp ground cinnamon

Instructions

1. Skin tomatoes,cut out stem
2.Thinly slice 2 oranges and 2 large lemons,remove seeds,cut slices into quarters
3. Place the citrus , tomatoes, sugar and ginger in a large pot. Bring to a boil and boil uncovered for 2 hours or until the jam thickens.
4. Meanwhile, prepare the preserving jars.
5. Fill jars with hot marmalade, leaving a 1/4 inch head pace. Wipe the rims clean. Seal according to manufacturer’s directions.
6. Process the jars in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes at sea level,add 1 minute for each 1000 feet higher.
--------------------------------------------
Gather up your tomatoes.I have cherries,large,and romas,both fresh and frozen,will be using 4 lbs red tomatoes,3 lbs green

Take tomatoes,cut out stem,slice an X through skin,then throw into boiling water 30-60 seconds.Should just note skins falling off.Into ice water and peel off skins.

Put all ingredients into pan,boil lightly so it doesnt boil over.I stirred it every 15 minutes for 2 hours.

After 2 hours I took a wand mixer to it as the citrus wasnt breaking up,and got this

90 minutes more boiling,stirring every 10 minutes I had reduced it to this,and had this consistency on a spoon turned sideways,a jam like thickness.Started my lids boiling for the dishwasher cleaned pint jars.

Waterbath canned.Im at 5,000 feet,book calls for 15 minutes of boiling,I did 30 minutes because.... why not? Not worried about over processing it.

Got 3 of these

2 of these

And a pint in refrigerator

Toast with cream cheese and marmalade.This would be super on a toasted bagel with cream cheese,or on pork,or biscuits.