We're not in the path of Isaac up here, but we do get some good storms from time to time. With that in mind, I made up a box a few years back with basic storm supplies that I keep next to our bottled water. This is what it has in it:

-4 fixed blades with sheaths (Buck 473's)
-DMT diamond sharpener
-4 pairs work gloves
-box of dust masks
-box of ear plugs
-hand wipes
-orange flagging tape
-100ft nylon rope
-2 tarps
-roll duct tape
-small pry bar
-4 flash lights
-plenty of spare batteries
-a fencing tool (kind of a combination hammer/wrench)
-6 whistles on lanyards
-6 FRS two-way radios
-2 Grundig crank radios (am/fm/sw/small led light)
-First Aid kit

Everyone also has their own bug-out backpack with individual supplies; like clothes, water, food, important papers, ect. (We used the list at read.gov as a guide). We've also got a bag for the dog that we keep with his fold-up crate.

I wanted everything together and easily accessible, that way, if an emergency does happen during the storm, all our supplies are easy to find. If things are especially bad and we have to abandon the house, we can do it nearly instantaneously, instead of having to search for stuff.

Otherwise, I have a list of stuff I usually run down before hand:

-All vehicles full of gas/diesel
-Leave one truck at my mother's house (I live on a dead-end, so it's possible to be blocked in. Having a car over there means another vehicle option within walking distance.)
-Fill up extra gas cans
-Make sure water stocks are good
-Make sure sump-pump works
-Grab a 3" trash pump and hoses from work
-Make sure generators work
-Make sure chainsaws work/chain is sharp
-Pump some water out of the pool
-Charge the portable tools (drills/circular saw/reciprocating saw/cut-off wheel)
-Bring in anything that can fly away

There might be more, but that's what I remember off the top of my head.