I used to carry leatherman wave on my belt, but I found I didn't need the pliers so large. So I pick up the swiss army Swiss Champ. This is a tool I absoluty love.<br>-The awl has a hole in it for lacing ect.<br>-I love the hook- It's great for getting out knots, carrying stuff, pulling line or rope.<br>-It has a small scraper ,maybee for shaping wood-I used it to make a spout in a wood bowl like object.<br>-The detachable eyeglass screwdriver is great. I've used it to manipulate stuff while holding object in pliers, Try that with a reguler multi-tool.<br>-Don't forget the pen. very handy,and that ever handy toothpick. :0) <br>-Great can opener<br>-saw is very good and yes i use it alot.<br>-Two blades is wonderful, I only use the large one, so in an emergency I will allways have a super sharp blade.<br>-Are sissers needed? Yes. very handy and in certian situations safer than useing blade.<br>-pliers open up wide enough for me.- good file<br>-Have started fire with magnifiing glass-( In perfect conditions.) <br>-You can't forget the small fly hooks that fit under the philips driver.<br>-I have not needed the fish scaller, was thinking of modifiing it to something usefull.<br>-I carry it in a leatherman sheath. <br>- Have a white photon II on the ring and small compass I took of a Dakota watch.<br>- Can't for get the tweesers. <br>- I want to put a flint rod on it or in it somewhere. Have not come up with the perfect idea yet.<br>-Mind you I carry other gadgets as well, this is my favorite.