While i'm on the fence about the pack colour, I agree that comfort is key! The bigger i get the more important it's going to be and I too am thinking of the possibility of having to crash in the hospital corridor or waiting room. The padding on this oack is nice and comfy. Maybe I'll stick with it.

Black seems like it could be viewed either way. During the G20 riots a couple of years ago, black gear seemed to trigger a negative police response but a pink pack could also screem "please mug me!" Maybe I'll get a Scouts Canada one as a compromise.

One of the things I'm thinking about is protection. Walking alone at night is a real possibility and a pregnant woman would make a pretty good target I think. I'm going to add a collapsable walking stick. Not only will it help with my balance and navigating slipper ground, it's an added piece of protective equipment.

I'm going to get a small am/fm radio as well, so I can get the news if my phone fails. Speaking of which, a battery powered phone charger is on my shopping list as well.

I've also added a tourist map of the city that includes all transit routes, taxi numbers and local hotels. Enough cash for a night in a hotel is going in my wallet too. I don't know anyone who lives in the city anymore and might need somewhere to stay if snow should hit in a few months.

Edited by bacpacjac (08/19/12 12:20 PM)

You can find me on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT9fpZEy5XSWkYy7sgz-mSA