Originally Posted By: IzzyJG99
Originally Posted By: bacpacjac
Watch that Inova squeeze light. Not sure if you've used it long but I hated mine. After a while it would get knocked on at the slighted bump and burn out the batteries. Not something you want to happen to your emergency light.

I had a backpack actually get burned once that way. This was before the days of LED. Back when Xenon bulbs were in tactical flashlights. The button on it had a momentary on, that if pushed slightly went on. Left it in a bag, the button got turned on. The material on the pack was very thin nylon. Xenon bulbs were really hot back when. It melted the nylon and left a cigarette style burn hole.

I've gotten to the point where I only use flashlights for EDC or survival purposes as ones that screw-on or with buttons that require a lot of pressure to turn on. Most times I even still keep the button equipped tail caps unscrewed a bit so they cannot turn on.

Ouch! I put one of the inovas on all my kids backpacks until I realized a similar problem and quickly got rid of them and replaced them with photons. More expensive but safer and more durable.

You can find me on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT9fpZEy5XSWkYy7sgz-mSA