I see why you dont want to add more sections,I like the setup you have now too,it DOES work.I was only thinking a lot might get lost otherwise.

So a pantry,a year or 2 supply like everyone did until just in time delivery became norm wouldnt work here? I do have lots of interest in that as it just seems normal to me,how to do it therefore seems normal too? How to can would work here,wouldnt it,or is it only 3-14 day food type stuff you'd rather see?

See,I see this as economic survival in our journey thru life,we wont have this great income vrs what we will have in retirement,to do up food cheaply is an issue for us,not end of world thing on our end,so thats how I see it.

Just clarify so I dont mess up with inappropriate posts that arent your focus or desire.

But what you have is good,no doubt about it,keep up the good work,its a winner.Small and nice,thats a good thing in a preparedness forum.Everything doesnt need to begin at the survivalblog level then more extreme levels,in fact some of that gets pretty out there/overwhelming real fast for many folks,me included.

Nice forum,thank you.

About tomatoes? All I know is our season very short and the chicken poo level was finally right,we will get some winners this year,but still wind up with too many greenies.We are learning ways to prepare the greens though.

FWIW,we try to use no chems at all (what if we cant get em? Doesnt have to be end of world,could just be end of disposable income),a personal choice on many different levels (NOT greenie extremists by any reach),so chick poo/mulch/compost is about as far as we go gardening wise.We plan on losing a third anyhow to nature.

Edited by spuds (08/10/12 02:35 PM)