lots,and lots and lots!!

this is a lay out of just the dinners for a two week solo canoe trip in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness.
there is no place to resupply once your in unlike some of the big hiking trails that pass thru or close to towns.
in that heap are fourteen dinners.three MRE meat packs with a rice side for a big filler after a long day.three freeze dry meals for a quick meal,i use these if i pull into a campsite late or in bad weather and while the water boils for the meal the tent go's up.seven are rice sides with freeze dry chicken that has been repacked into meal sizes and one back up meal of wild rice,soup mix and pasta.other items are a Tang type orange drink,a pint of rum and cookies.
not in the photo is lunch which is crackers with tubes of jam and peanut butter with some sort of power bar and the breakfast below is dry egg with rice and dry tomato and bacon chips.the rice makes the egg more filling.

yes that's a heap of chow but canoe tripping means you can go like a trapper and not a hobo.my Prospector canoe will carry over 800 pounds with no problem if need be.i take two 45 pound packs.
the portages between lakes can be a grunt but the max is about 20 minutes per bag so your back on the water in no time.
some of the carry,s are better than others!

well not much about survival but there you are on the subject of what i eat while i'm out camping.