I'm not sure which forum this fits best in so, more, move away if you feel it's appropriate.

I've gone on a few camping trips with my son and our Scout group this summer, and was really looking forward to our 5 day trip to Georgian Bay this week. I didn't end up going on that trip after all because, as it turns out, I was pregnant during those earlier trips. They say that hindsight is 20/20 so, thought I'd start a thread on the the impact pregnancy is having on our preparedness mindset. Believe me, it's definitely having an impact.

Our last trip was mid-June, and I didn't yet know that I was pregnant. I was sick during the week leading up to the trip, but thought it was the stomach flu. I was a little concerned about the heat and the strain of canoe-tripping, but decided to press on, extra fluids in tow. The kids had a good time but it was not a fun trip for me. Not yet as big as a house, I managed to haul our gear and canoe, and do all the normal camp tasks, but I spent half the weekend throwing up and the other half wanting only to sleep while trying not to throw up. It wasn't pretty.

For the time being, I'm hanging up my hiking boots and concentrating on my health and getting ready for the new little one. Our son just turned 9 and my memory is a little foggy about the pregnancy days of the past. Not to mention that I wasn't a prepper back then. (That didn't happen until I was caught unprepared with a 1 month old during the East Coast Blackout of 2003.) My mind is spinning thinking about the physical realities of dealing with an emergency situation while pregnant and eventually, shiver, with a little one.

That's where this thread comes in. Being pregnant adds an entirely different dynamic to preparedness and I'm sure it's going to be an evolving process. As much as I'd like to just be a trooper and press on, laughing in the face of morning sickness and extreme fatigue, there are some adjustments required, as proven by my experience during those camping trips. Here's an initial list that I've come up with. I'm sure I've failed to think of something so I ask your help in thinking this through as we go along.

EDC now includes: anti-nausea meds, TUMS, extra water and snacks, feminine pads, extra unders and a bigger looser shirt and pair of drawstring pants, numbers for OBGYN and emerg clinic, toothbrush and toothpaste and copy of prescription for anti-nausea meds.

GHB now includes all of the above updates and prenatal vitamins, boost meal suppliment drink

BOB now includes all of the above updates and prenatal vitamins, boost meal suppliment drinks, body pillow

GHB and BOB are soon going to have to be adjusted with smaller, lighter packs....

Office Bug-in Kit now includes all of the above updates and prenatal vitamins, boost meal suppliment drink

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has gone through this and I'd appreciate any input you may have to help me navigate the new path ahead. Thanks!

You can find me on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT9fpZEy5XSWkYy7sgz-mSA