My flashlight system is pretty dated, but I'm happy with it. I carry a Surefire E1B in my left pocket and I have an ARC AAA on my key chain in my right pocket. I've used both countless times in countless situations.

The most recent quasi emergency situation is when I was broke down on the side of a major highway at night with a car that had no lights (Electrical issue I guess, but it wasn't my car). That was a week ago today. I was pleased with the E1B's performance.

If I had to critique my own system I'd say that the both lights are dated and don't use the same batteries. In an ideal world I think one would always have a light on their person and both lights would use the same batteries. It might be even better if they were identical. I should probably consider at least replacing my ARC with an E10 as it has longer run time, but I like the history of the ARC light (See CPF ;)).

I wonder if I'll get to use them tonight, we may have severe thunderstorms rolling through this evening. Fun stuff.