I agree that it's a good idea to have other lights. Me, I'm a bit of a "flashlight junkie"! I have a few by SureFire, dozens by other brands. The AAA is a great EDC battery; the size and shape allows very small form factor lights yet the cell is big enough to drive a serious emitter. One of my favorite "cheapo" EDC AAA's is also from DX. It's called a "Black Cat". It uses one x AAA and is rated for 100 lumens. This is probably rated at the emitter and not OTF, but the rating seems pretty legit compared to other lights I own. Despite costing $8 it's held up to a couple years of carry.

Yet even this small light doesn't accompany me every minute of the day, 24/7. That's the beauty of the "faux-ton". It's so small that I literally have it on me except in the shower. wink When I know I might reasonably expect to need a light I have some very good ones. The fauxton is for those times I didn't foresee the need but was glad to have something.