Originally Posted By: Bingley
Originally Posted By: ireckon
A follow up from a previous post, I decided to go with this bag for my EDC:
Chinese-made leather manbag from eBay

Nice! Would you mind giving us a quick review once you get it? Do you need to put in some sort of internal organizer? Do you think it looks like a "shoot me first" waistpack, when you wear it through the belt?

It has a front pocket and a main pocket. The front pocket easily holds a large smart phone. The main pocket has some smaller pockets inside for organization of little things. The main pocket easily holds a point-and-shoot camera, AA flashlight, photon light, pill case, whistle, flash drive, wallet, keys, 5 feet of paracord, and pack of gum, with a little room to spare. The bag barely fits a Kindle Fire if I take a lot of that other stuff out. It's a bag for essentials only. The dimensions in the description are accurate.

You do need an organizer. My organizer is a keyring. Most of those things listed above are on a keyring. My camera, wallet, and smart phone are not on the keyring.

I don't think it looks like a "shoot me first" bag, but I live in a state (California) where handguns in EDC bags are not part of the culture. Also, I have not spent much time in such a culture. So, I'm probably not the best judge. It has belt loops, but I don't plan on using them. I'm accustomed to cross-body carry.

The leather is thick, unfinished, full-grain cowhide boot leather. I wasn't going to protect it at first, but then I read some leather tips on the Internet. Protecting this leather is a must because it's begging to get water stained and nasty looking. After protecting this bag with Sno-Seal, this bag looks like the type of leather that all other leather wants to be. The Sno-Seal caused the leather to turn into a more masculine, darker tobacco brown. This bag from Saddleback Leather is close to the new color.

This bag looks and feels hardy, but is still on the sophisticated side. You might find this bag on some CEO in the Silicon Valley as he's getting out of his sports car wearing a T-shirt. I've been searching for awhile, and I've finally found my EDC bag that will be on me for a long while. I like this bag so much that I just ordered another one to have just in case. Standard disclaimer applies. I'm not the seller, just a satisfied customer. You can check the purchase history on the link and see somebody (that's I) recently bought two. cool