Quote:
In the evening a strong wind storm with rain blew through, and I was laying in the tent at 2:37 AM with my kids, listening to branches snapping and falling and the rain coming down, I was thinking, "OK, I don't like this anymore."

I actually like the sound of the rain on the tent flysheet. A good storm is also sometimes enjoyable as we get a lot of Atlantic storms blowing in. But the weather can have an effect on others for when misery sets in. The Weather here has been cold, damp and wet this summer. This Wednesday, the weather forecast gives a high temperature of 55F, overcast with the prospect for showery rain, which probably would put a lot of folks off camping. I prefer the backpacking type of camping and trekking as opposed to the organised paid for camp site motoring (with facilities) crowd as it gets you away from the crowd aka the rat race and takes you into more spectacular scenery and wildlife. A camp fire gives an ambiance to the whole adventure.

Planing a camp trip should be done with a loose itinerary and time scale. The pace of life today is far to hectic and it does take time to slow down to a stress free pace out there in the wilderness.

Having others in the group saying 'are we there yet' is a particular annoyance along with the snorers.