I have also seen the first episode (both parts 1 and 2) and I have also seen the second episode, part 1.

In Episode 1, I was not as taken as Stroud's previous shows, but they are still notches above other similar shows. In the part 2 of Episode 1, I noticed something that just did not seem right to me. Without giving much away, Stroud finds a partial deer carcass and skin supposedly left behind by hunters. If you look closely and have paid attention to the weather Stroud is in, it is winter with temps at or just below freezing. In some scenes there are icicles on a building that are frozen..meaning there is no thaw drip which is also is indicative of ambient temps. Yet this deer carcass he finds, shows no sign of being frozen as the meat and skin appear to be completely thawed which is strange unless those hunters had been there only that same day. Had that deer been there for hours such as overnight, I would think that parts of it would of showed some signs of being at least, partially frozen.

So far, I have found Episode 2 to better then the first as given the location, Les seems to be in more in his element. Part 2 will air this Saturday night on OLN for us Canadian viewers.

John Lubbock