Originally Posted By: Teslinhiker
Originally Posted By: Russ
Originally Posted By: hikermor
... You don't. Disregard the issue until you return home. ...
+1 body odor falls into the NBD category. If you are hunting some of the odor blocking/absorbing clothing may prove beneficial, but for your olfactory receptors it's something to just deal with. Your dog won't care and he/she has a much more acute sense of smell than we humans.

I would rather take the few minutes per day to maintain some semblance of hygiene. Nothing worse then having camping and or hiking partners who do not take the time to wash up some key body areas on a regular basis...

Then I'll bet you would not have enjoyed a three week trip I once took with two companions. It was cold (-20F was warmer than average)and at altitude and we shared a north Face tent, ripening together. No issues as a result of that practice.

Our trip ended with a helicopter flight and the first thing on the agenda was a long shower. On other trips in less severe circumstances either swimming or a solar shower has worked very well. I don't deliberately try and render myself smelly and dirty in the woods,, but depending upon the mission and the circumstances, hygiene can easily become an exceedingly minor issue.