I am a long time leatherman user. Bought a Rebar about 2 months ago. Like it a lot.

It is light enough so that I always carry it. It has the tools I need. Mostly the pliers, cutters, file, plain & straight blade knives and phillips. Actually I use all the tools,but those in particular are a must have for me.

It takes two hands to open. Well if you are determined you can probably do it with one, but it ain't gonna be easy. No scissors, I would like those but I can live without them.

I like the replaceable wire cutter surfaces. They seem sharper and harder than the other (several) leatheran tools I have had.

I don't like the un-locking tabs. They stick out a bit and make it difficult to insert in a tight sheath. The provided sheath is OK, but I prefer a tougher material and stronger belt loop. The velcro flap twists up around the edge and catches on stuff. I preferred my old heavy nylon one that I used on my original (now over 30 years old??) leatherman.

So far so good though.

The lanyard attachment is not to my liking. I keep a small lanyard on all my small tools (knives, multi-tools etc) but this one just does not work well for me. It folds inside and if I keep a loop lanyard in it when folded, it cuts the lanyard. If I extend the lanyard device, it sticks out the end of the tool and makes the tool longer in the sheath.

The locking system is very good (minus my comments about the release method). It is very secure and easy to release.

Unless they take custom orders, this will have to do for me. All the others are either too heavy, bulky, expensive or have some other fault that excludes them from my EDC.

Nomad