I agree with finn about selecting people who will help and not be a burden. What Tyber doesn't seem to realize is that there people who live in areas where water is scarce and MUST store it. %% gallon drums are great for long term storage if the water is properly treated. If it really hits the fan my intention is to try and ride it out at the ranch. I have a cabin we could go to if neccesary. As for those who say that a disaster won't be that bad, that the community will band together, etc, I say I want to go where you are if it happens. Let's not forget a little rainstorm called Katrina. I was there in the aftermath, looking for family. I saw what happened. But lets say it's an internal problem which arises and and there are no services available. Do you really think people will remain civil when thier kids are starving and they smell stew coming from your home? Or the kiddies are shivering in rags and yours are in goose down or army surplus and warm? I grew up dirt poor (second poorest family in town) and I know what it is to need. To starve. And the thoughts which run through ones head when others have what you need. Just my opinion.