Originally Posted By: KI6IW
I have been researching this topic as a treatment for diarrhea, and other similar ailments, while in austere medical environments. My research led me to this YouTube video:

Video

The video (and further research by WHO) led me to order this product from Amazon:

Drip Drop

I have not tried it yet, so I cannot comment on taste. But they seem to have everything needed, and pack/travel well. When at home, I would probably just mix up my own drink, or drink a V8 juice like nursemike suggested (although I would probably drink the low-sodium version, as it has more potassium in it).

Color me a bit skeptical (and my SO who has some years of 3rd world NGO relief work experience) on this product. The allusion (not to be confused with illusion) of wording on their website and Amazon skirts the fine line of the product being endorsed or used by the World Health Organization.

Also on their website, they claim:
The Drip Drop team travelled to Port Au Prince shortly after the devastating earthquake in 2010 to save the lives of Haitians with oral rehydration therapy. This an unsubstantiated statement that their product is what actually saved the lives of those people...and not probable proper medical care also.

Finally on Amazon, it says that their current product expires in 08/12 which is only 2 months away. This not a product that I would want in my USK (urban survival kit) nor my wilderness kits as an emergency use product that has such a short shelf life...

John Lubbock