Originally Posted By: ILBob
I thought Camillus was now defunct and the only thing that actually remained was the name that was sold to what amounts to a brand marketing company.

Camillus is now owned by Acme United. Acme United is a U.S. based company that has operations around the world. They make a lot of school supplies, first aid stuff, and safety stuff for office supply places, Walmart, Target, ect. Not sure how their new stuff is, or where it's produced.

Now, the Schrade cutlery name was bought by Taylor brands, which is the same company that makes Smith and Wesson knives. They bought the name only though, most of their tooling and equipment was bought at auction (I know some went to Benchmade knives). I believe all of their new Schrade line is made overseas.

However, if you want a U.S. made Schrade, Canal Street cutlery was formed by many of the bladesmiths from the original Schrade factory. They're still making knives, albeit in smaller batches and at a higher price point (though with better fit/finish).

Originally Posted By: jzmtl
BG knives get bashed all the time by people who have never touched one, guess it's the "cool" thing to do for them, and that spills over to Stroud knives too.

I agree with this. I've got a couple of BG knives and I've found absolutely nothing wrong with them. They're fine knives for the price point they are being sold at.

I mean, I've seen his fine edged fixed blade selling for ~$40....that gets you a fixed blade with the quality of a typical Gerber knife, a ferro-rod, a whistle, a simple diamond sharpener, and an ok sheath (all in a high visibility orange). I'd rather see the masses carrying something like that than a lot of the other garbage being sold out there.

Edited by Paul810 (06/22/12 09:50 PM)