Originally Posted By: Stephen
Originally Posted By: bacpacjac

Why a bandana? Think smoke/fumes, blood/bodily fluids, other first aid, improvised hat, signalling....

A bandana wouldn't protect from either of those things very well IMO. Firt aid, yes I could see the utility there for a sling or whatever but in an urban setting it should be easy enough to improvise using other materials. Signalling maybe, but any bright colored clothing would do the same thing.

You're probably right about using it as a mask, but it would buy me time to get to a proper mask, or out of the building, in the event of a fire or chemical spill. The warehouse I work in is small and my Jeep is parked right outside so I'm not thinking about hours, but rather minutes.

Good point about clothing. That's a another layer of preparedness that hasn't come up in this thread but, I figure if the remote possibility came up that I was trapped and needed to signal, I'd either be able to improvise something or I'd be trapped and unable to move. Grabbing a bandana from my pocket might be the only option. Very remote but something to think consider when you work in an industrial complex.

A hat? Not likely. One of our Scouts made one out of tin foil this weekend so it's at the front of my brain. I keep a hat close at hand, if not on my head. How about fire alarm + blazing sun + ill co-worker? Leaky fire repression system after the nuke alarm goes off? Belief that the bosses are using mind-control devices? wink

You can find me on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT9fpZEy5XSWkYy7sgz-mSA