Originally Posted By: Leigh_Ratcliffe
Originally Posted By: Leigh_Ratcliffe
Only four?
No way, and I mean No Way.

Cellphone. Be smart here and buy a high end smartphone. I've loaded compass, GPS and Swiss Army apps on mine. Very useful. Also make sure it has a torch function.

Key's. Two set's here. One to use and one lanyarded to you. Saves you a horrendous amount of grief if you loose/mislay a set

Cash money. How much is up to you. Take it as a given that the ATM always goes U/S at exactly the wrong moment.

Multitool. If it's a no-no for work, go work elsewere.

Torches. Always carry two. One to use, and one to not use. That way you always have a charged torch.

Lighter. The good old disposable Bic is first choice here. Again two. As above.

A small tin with basic med's, plasters etc is always useful.

I can see how you can easily carry this. I don't always have the FAK on my person but everything else is easy to carry. A add a bandana in one pocket too, which can address the FAK needs in the short term, depending on the issue.

My work EDC is similar:

(Wrist) Digital watch
(Wrist) Paracord bracelet
(Belt) Leatherman - maglite solitare , ferro rod & striker, cotton balls and jute twine (all in LM sheath) *I often carry a spare AAA for the light instead of a ferro rod in an urban vs wilderness environment
(Belt) Cell Phone - cash, ID and bank card in carrying case
(Neck) Photon - on paracord lanyard around my neck
(Pants pocket) Mini BIC
(Pants pocket) Bandana
(Pants pocket or belt) Keys - home/office/jeep/hubby's tuck on paracord lanyard with SAK, fauxton, fox40 (these sometimes get left at my desk but not the key to my Jeep. It gets detached an put in a pocket if the key chain is left behind)

One extended corporate fire alarm in the middle of winter taught me to keep the basics on me, including a sweater in cold weather.

Why a bandana? Think smoke/fumes, blood/bodily fluids, other first aid, improvised hat, signalling....

Why fire? Mostly habit I guess, when it comes to urban carry, but I do use it for things like melting the ends of my kid's broken shoelaces, a quick light source, lighting candles, etc.

Edited by bacpacjac (06/19/12 11:51 AM)

You can find me on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT9fpZEy5XSWkYy7sgz-mSA