Teslinhiker ... yeah good point.
Wow it's been a long time :-)
those were the good old days.

yeah it comes back to me now - there was a crazy incident. some well known climber (who was that??) was guiding some folks. i think it was over on the Tetons. they were doing a multi-pitch climb. And one of the clients took off his harness so he could go and take a leak. when he came back, he didn't tie the harness on correctly. then he fell later while climbing, the harness came off and I think he was killed. the guide was blamed and Chouinard was faced with a lawsuit. As usual, it was a ridiculous charge filed against a really good company. And I think that's when they changed their name and did the filing you referred to.

Anyway ... did not mean to hijack this thread.
we obviously need a separate thread to talk about climbing gear and old, old stories!

Someone pointed out that protective helmets have come a long way. YES they have. We mostly didn't use them because they were cumbersome and far too bulky. But the modern ones look much better. And so do the Pro Tec helmets and skateboard helmets. I would think that any of these would be great for tornado purposes.

Pete2

Edited by Pete (06/13/12 02:08 PM)