Originally Posted By: Arney

I'm curious--for someone with your history, did someone like a neurologist ever recommend that you wear a helmet for more than the usual helmet-wearing activities?

I've had a few doctors recommend a non-specific helmet for activities that might involve a fall or hit. (By non-specific they meant, you should wear a helmet for motorcycling or bicycling but if you didn't do those, having A helmet for protection is smart in my case)

I went to a neurologist after my last concussion and had a serious issue with him after two sessions, blew him up and walked out. Long Story Short: I went to a general meet and greet one day with my wife, then came back with her and I did a 7 hour mental assessment profile, basic school type testing and some electrical profiling. After he gave me the usual good new, bad news he tried to pigeon hole me into being depressed and putting me on meds. I was not depressed and after an argument over that I walked out. It was like the word 'depression' was raining money from heaven on him if I copped to it. I will grudgingly go back to a neurologist when/if I get another but not that one.

Normally after my concussions if I had any follow on work it was for issues watching swelling and subdural hematomas and/or shrinks and cognitive therapists to work on the functional skills I needed to adjust my daily patterns.