Bingley, I apologize if my post appeared condescending towards you, that was not my intent at all, I do apologize for that. No amount of smileys can apparently communicate when we are saying something without malice of thought towards others.

What I meant to communicate is: what is your CERT response plan, right now? Do you have an actual plan to get together with other CERT volunteers in the event of an emergency? Do you have supplies, are you equipped? Do you have CERT leadership capable of presenting a plan for CERT Volunteers? If the answer to any of these is No, then I submit, all the good stuff you learned in CERT hasn't been implemented yet. You still have to organize, and in typical CERT numbers available in communities, you will probably be organizing at the neighborhood level. That is both feasible and useful to do right now - you can Map Your Neighborhood, involving youth organizations like the Boy Scouts, and promote more CERT training and preparedness among your neighbors. And unless you organize a response and make it feasible to deploy in a disaster, its all only so much sunshine blown up our arseholes. You will become just another guy who took CERT training, a long time ago... that's swell, as far as it goes.

Edited by Lono (06/04/12 03:16 PM)