I agree with the others that there are a lot of variables involved. I shattered my shoulder a couple of summers ago and, would have been able to carry little to nothing at the time it happened, except a fanny pack. I was mostly useless but it wasn't an issue then. I just had to the get out of the water and into the boat and then out of the boat and up the hill to a vehicle. No easy feat but we were lucky not to be in a wilderness situation.

I was immobilized for 3 months after the accident and had to seriously rethink any plans. Again, a fanny pack was about my limit. I avoided camping altogether and slowly worked my way back to hiking. Once I could carry a pack again, I had to slowly build up the weight of what I carried and am still not back to where I was (a mixed blessing for this over-packer.)

Packing was a challenge but I refused to compromise on covering the basics:

-Protection (an emerg poncho and heat sheet for shelter)
-Rescue (whistle on lanyard, small AMK rescue mirror)
-Water (downsized to a small SS bottle and MicroPUR tablets)
-Knife (swaped LM Wave for a one-handed opening folder)
-Fire (BIC instead of a ferro rod)
-Light (switched to something with a push button and a clip, instead of twist on/off or headlamp) *as soon as I could put it on again, I went back to a headlamp
-Snacks (Cliff bars became a staple)
-FAK (downsized to bandaids, triangulars, OTC meds, wipes and prescription painkillers)

You can find me on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT9fpZEy5XSWkYy7sgz-mSA