Originally Posted By: Teslinhiker
Originally Posted By: widget
That was a lucky find! I had one of these many years ago, same model with the dual controls. Fantastic cooking stove for backpacking. On the heavy side but really adjustable flame and quiet. I would buy another if they still made them. I watch ebay but they always go for too much money:)
Enjoy the stove, definately a keeper!

Yes this stove is quiet as compared to most modern gas stoves. At one time I had an ancient Coleman 500A stove in mint condition with the original mint box and manual, that in retrospect I should of never got rid of. I was doing some research earlier this am and there is a very large collectors interest in the old Coleman stoves and some command hefty prices...

When I sold mine to someone it was because I bought a Coleman Model 550 Multi-fuel. I never once lit the 550. It is new in the box with all papers and tools. I started using a canister stove and I also have a few MSR stoves. I bought a Coleman Apex II stove and it is NIB as well. I bought them with the intent of using them but the darn canister stove is just so light and easy!

If you have other stoves, there is such a thing as a "silent burner cap" made to fit certain models. That will make a stove like the MSR Dragonfly as quiet as the Coleman. It is all in the burner design.