Thanks guys. It was a great trip. On the way home, my son asked if we could do it again this weekend. I'll take that as two thumbs up.

We did learn a few thing along the way:

- we had to use designated fire pits so were limited in where and how we could erect our shelter, while using the fire for warmth

-there are no trees close to fire pits in Provincial Parks. This is good forest fire prevention but makes it hard to tie a tarp close to the fire (this is where the tent and paracord are worth their weight)

-you are not allowed to bring your own firewood to Provincial Parks in the this area because of invasive bugs. That means you have to rely on your destination for this vital resource.

-park 1 had no downed wood but an open woodlot to buy firewood, which we processed with an ax to make kindling

-park 2's woodlot was closed so we had to rely on what we could forage. There was lots but it was all damp or wet

-neither park had trees suitable for hanging a bear bag. (This is where the Jeep was worth it's weight. Well, that and saving our feet.)

-a 6 foot long tent makes a good 1-man tent but isn't big enough for someone 5'7" to sleep in comfortably if they use blankets and/or are sleeping with someone else

-if you need one, bring a tarp at least twice as big as your shelter

You can find me on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT9fpZEy5XSWkYy7sgz-mSA