Originally Posted By: billn
Someone recommended the THRUNITE TI 3-60. Any better than the Fenix E01?

I don't have any personal experience with the Thrunite, but I would say they are different types of lights. The E01 uses a low power LED and emphasizes long battery life and durability. They are very popular and I'm not aware of anyone complaining of an E01 ever dying on them.

The Thrunite uses a higher power type of LED that has a high/low capability. The low will be noticeably dimmer than the E01 and the high is way, way brighter so they aren't really comparable in light output. The low level should outlast the E01 significantly, but at only 3 lumens, I think it's too dim to be generally useful except in very dark situations.

In my own experience, multi-level lights are more prone to failure, especially if they ride around in your pocket every day and are exposed to dust, sweat, and getting bumped around a lot but like I said, I don't know firsthand how durable the Thrunite is.

If you're interested in the Thrunite, another option is the Inova XS. I haven't carried one, but if they are as durable as their bigger X series cousins, it should be bulletproof and it has two light levels. High is not quite as bright, but the low is brighter (but still dimmer than the E01).