My system is pretty simple, since I rely on my camping gear as much as part of my disaster plan as for recreation.

Every time I return from camping I unpack everything, lay it all out, inventory what needs to be replaced, wash/clean/dry/repack things that need it, and then go out shopping the next day to restock. The camping gear has enough non-perishable food for 3 people for 72 hours, though I usually add and consume fresh foods for an actual camping trip. I even vacuum-seal 3 days worth of kibble for the dog (plus she has her own mini bug-out-bag).

The net result is that when pressed we can load-up the Jeep for a trip in less than 30 minutes, stop at the store to stock up on food, and be 100 miles away in 3 hours (traffic cooperating). Not just for an emergency, but for spontaneous camping excursions as well.

Hopefully I'll find time to start working on my micro-camper this year so packing for a trip will entail hitching-up the trailer and driving off.