Originally Posted By: Phaedrus
While most would hate to ditch the blade, I could imagine a really good multi-tool if you were to replace the blade with a couple of drivers. Any time I'd be carrying the MT I'd also be carrying a knife. Of course a MT could probably be carried in places where a knife would be frowned on or even against the law.

Leatherman made a knifeless Fuse, where they replaced the normal Fuse's knife blade with a wood/metal file. I thought that was kind of clever. While you lost the knife, you gained a file that could be used to sharpen something else into a knife if the need arose. Unfortunately, they dropped that one from the lineup when they dropped the regular Fuse.

Now they make the Style PS, which is a little knifeless keychain tool. It has small pliers, scissors, a combination screwdriver/nail file, tweezers, and a bottle opener/mini-carabiner.

I kind of want to get one just for traveling. I don't like the file on it though. I wish they would have given it a small wood/metal file (like on the Squirt) rather than copy Victorinox's dedicated fingernail file (which I always found to be borderline useless). frown