We need to keep discussion of politics and political views away from ETS, but we also need to recognize that politics does impact our decisions & choices regarding survival equipment. There is no point in discussing/rehashing political discourse in this forum, but we need to acknowledge its impact. Folks in one part of the country have options others do not have. Folks in some of the states have options Canadians do not have. That's just the way it is.

I live in CA (California) which is almost as bad as the other CA (Canada) when it comes to firearms, but isn't as bad as other states and cities. Would I like to include a firearm in the large kit that stays in my truck? Yes. Would I consider doing so while I reside in CA? No, I've had that discussion with myself and I lost the debate. When I pack the truck for certain potential evacuation events, firearms are included, but it's limited in duration and I'm usually heading out of state.

Sometimes our equipment is limited by law (3 inch folder, no fixed blades, legal in the state but not necessarily in every city yada yada); that's a fact of life in today's world. A person's decision to not carry a firearm may have nothing to do with their personal desires, but is made for them by legislation. That's just the way it is.