Originally Posted By: Hikin_Jim
OK, good example. But say you pulled into a gas station to fill up your tires with air and the compressor at the gas station shot your tires up to double normal in a split second. Safe compressor or unsafe?

HJ

Assuming I survive, the first thing id be thinking is where can i get one of those compressors? grin On a somewhat unrelated but equally dangerous topic, i have read of people using their spare tires as an air tank, filling them to 80-105 psi. I dont know if it was a widely used practice, but it seemed fairly common to read about it. Again, not something I would do, but it's one of those things that many people have done without dying. So while a compressor like that could be dangerous, I wouldn't see the need to have it removed. Maybe a warning sticker or something

I will admit I was curious about the product you showed so I looked it up on eBay to see how much it was. One thing I noticed was that it never really said it was used for refilling propane, only liquified gas. There is a picture in the ad of some sort of blue bulk gas canister, but I can't read the writing on it because it's in Chinese. When I looked closer at the picture, I'm not even sure if it's even possible to connect this hose to a standard propane tank, at least not to the common type of propane valves that we use in the US. Are you sure this isnt a butane tank refiller that is meant for the overseas market?