I've been there. Had some pants with holes in them. Lets see:
First off, not all pants are the same. Some have thicker pockets than others. I started testing them in the store (went to a higher class store where their used to picky odd people) and found a brand I liked and bought a few of those and gave my old ones to a charity.
Second search some backpacking, hiking, and lightweight/featherweight backpacking for ideas to eliminate anything unnecessary.
From my own experience I moved the nail clippers to the truck bob. In a pinch the blade/scissors/file of a leatherman will work.
1/ Do you need a minitool and a knife, can you consolidate both to one tool? I also found things on keyrings don't lay very flat and rub each other too much. I found a small leather key case (rare, not too many use them anymore) and my keys and gear in it lay flat and are held tight by it and it prevents them from rubbing my pockets. I went and bought a new mobile phone and paid a bit more for a slim light one without color screen and camera to help keep the size down. Bought a 4 in 1 pen to consolidate down there (two colors, stylus and pencil). Small leather change purse to keep change under control and don't let receipts collect in the wallet, empty then out each time you remove the wallet when you get home. I made a place to put them before scanning and when the box gets full they go on the scanner.
2/ can be helped with better pockets, lightening and consolidating the gear.
3/ I've been called that before. On top of my EDC gear I have carried an old windows CD pda and handheld scanner (hp capshare) in my pockets before.