Originally Posted By: Snake_Doctor
The Chlorine dioxide tablets don't impress me. They take $ hours to work and in the desert I may not have that much time for myself or an injured person. Plus with thier instructions I feel like I should be wearing a docontamination suit and have hazmat standing by. I use Potable Aqua because it's faster and I'm familiar with them BUT I have had a recent disappointment with them. Bought the kit at wal-mart when putting together a kit for a nieghbor who is a scout. When I openened botlle one I found 21 whole tablets and enough broken pieces for perhaps 6 more for a total of 27 not the 50 it claimed. There were 50 tiny tablets of vitamin c in bottle 2 however. I need to email or call potable aqua and alert them to this.

Wow! Seriously? I almost bought some of those today but won't now. Not sure I'd trust anything from them again. Thanks for the heads up!

Originally Posted By: Snake_Doctor
I like filters, faster and more efficient. Even if it's just a survial straw like the Frontier filter. I use a pure hiker most of the time.

I picked up a Frontier Straw today. I've wanted to try one and figure this is a good chance to try one.

You can find me on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT9fpZEy5XSWkYy7sgz-mSA