Originally Posted By: acropolis5
Give some consideration to The North Face Mountain Lumbar Pack. ~365cu. in. inside storage. You can comfortably wear it on your waist, you can add shoulder "strapettes" from other manufacturers, or ( by buckleing the waist belt) wear it on your one shoulder or even slung overhead and one shoulder, like a sling bag. The built in water bottle pockets are very secure. I've attached another small belt type pouch, to the built in straps that let you carry a shell. If you shoulder it, you can also attach a cellphone or other yoke type pocket. Finally, you can slide a multitool/flashlight holster onto the waist belt. Believe it or not, based upon my own experience, its very versatile, non-tactical and low profile, even in NYC, especially in black.

Thanks Acroplis. I'll check that out. I think a shoulder strap might be key to the fanny pack approach for me. Water bottle holders that hold them securely is another. No water bottle I've used, they all fallen out of the water bottle holder on my Obus Forme fanny pack. I hooked em up to a carribeaner but that didn't fix the problem. They still swung and flopped and drove me nuts!

You can find me on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT9fpZEy5XSWkYy7sgz-mSA